GERMINATION project main goal is to bring together, in a regional network, all the individuals or organizations involved in the field of plant genetic resources.
Reunion, Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rodrigues, Seychelles and Zanzibar (Tanzania) are involved in the project. The development of this network aims to establish long-term collaborations for conservation and sustainable utilization of plant genetic resources in the Indian Ocean.
GERMINATION combines institutional partners, government agencies and private companies, as well as international partners and financial partners.
Institutional partners, public institutions and private companies in each member country
- Association Réunionnaise pour la Modernisation de l’Économie Fruitière, Légumière et Horticole ARMEFLHOR
- Société HORTIBEL (commercialisation semences et plants)
- Établissement semencier FLHORYS
Union des Comores
- Ministère de la Production, de l'Environnement, de l’Énergie, de l'Industrie et de l'Artisanat MPEEIA
- Établissement Semencier SEMANA
The Germination project was co-financed for the period 2014 - 2015 by the European Union (FEDER), the Région Réunion and the CIRAD.
Seeking additional co-financing is encouraged to directly support complementary actions to the benefit of the countries of the Indian Ocean partners.